Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Thursday 4 August 2011

USA Haul! - Part One



So here is the bulk of what I managed to pick up on my trip. I'd say 50% are nail products, but that's just because I'm nail crazed at the moment and everything was just so cheap out there I thought 'what the hell'!

I'm really excited about the new brushes though. Particularly the Real Techniques ones which are only available online in Europe, I think at www.love-makeup.co.uk.
Real Techniques Face Core Collection brushes -
I got mine from Ulta. They had sold out of everything  in the range and there was only this one kit left which is the face core collection. I think it was something like $15 which is an AMAZING price for such quality brushes. The case it comes in also works as a stand if you bend it back and secure it with the toggle supplied. Genius. What I love about these brushes is the unique shape of each of them. They are not your bog standard flat foundation brush and powder brushes, these are really formed to fit into the contours of the face for a flawless airbrushed finish. I have only tried the largest brush and the tiny concealer brush so far, but I'm loving them already, they are so, so soft and a pleasure to use. Big love to Sam Chapman who created them, this girl can do no wrong.

The other brush I got was a flat-topped face brush by Sonya Kashuk for Target.
 I just adore the handle, it's not only gorgeous to look at (it has a micro glitter/shimmer finish which the camera won't pick up) but it's also ergonomic and feels great in the hand. I haven't tried it yet but it's also incredibly soft. I just sat for 3 minutes brushing it up and down my arm, it feels that good.... yes, I know, I'm sad.


Also from Target I bought a whole load of Essie nail colours.
Essie nail colour in California Coral, Midnight Cami, Rose Bowl, French Affair and Trophy Wife (bought that one for the name!)

I have California Coral on my nails at the moment and it's a great replacement for my Rimmel Coralicious which glooped up on me and became unusable. I love the quality of these varnishes, they apply beautifully and last really well on the nails. I can't wait to try the others. No doubt there will be a few NOTD's coming up.

I also got some Sally Hansen nail stuff as no one knows nails like Sally.

Insta-dri nail colour in Quick Sand and Racey Rouge and Miracle Nail Thickener

Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips 

I wish I got more of the Sally Hansen colours, they are just brilliant! I have Racey Rouge on my toes and it's the only 1 coat polish I've tried that you can really use just one coat of. Drying time is incredibly fast too. These would be great if you really have very little time to do your nails and want maximum effect. And talking of maximum effect, I finally got my mitts on the nail polish strips. These are not stickers but strips of real nail polish which you transfer onto your nails. They come in a variety of designs as well as just plain colours, but I picked the black lace one and the gorgeous blue glitter effect one. I'm waiting for my nails to grow before I break into these babies as unfortunately they can only be used once. They do last a good week to ten days though (so I hear) and they are much much cheaper than getting a professional paint your nails for you.If you're curious, here's a video showing how it works.

Still hungry for more? Stay tuned for part two where we'll be talking lip scrubs, mega power pore strips, and no-budge liquid liners.

Click here for part deux! 









4 comments:

  1. oh, how fantastic! I'm loving Sam and Nic a lot, and I think she can only create great things! So those brushes have to be great, they look great, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I love those girls, they inspire me so much. I think the brushes will be fabulous. I'll let you know how I get on with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I go crazy for your USA shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these essie nailpolishes look amazing! i really want to try them. can't wait for the notd with them! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)