Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Monday 1 August 2011

American Beauty

So hello girlies, I'm back! How I missed you! I wish I had taken the laptop with me so that I could blog on the go because I came across so much that just begged to be written about. As it is you'll have to put up with me updating you in dribs and drabs as I challenge my jetlagged brain to conjure up all the beauty goss I have in store.

So all in all we had an amazing time in the USA. We travelled up from San Diego all the way to Seattle and saw so much that it was mind-blowing. We saved most of our shopping for Oregon where there is no sales tax (yippee!!) and even Mr P became a shopping crazed monster with all the bargains that were to be had at the outlets.

I had a total field day in Target on the second day we were in Oregon. I spent two hours and the best part of $200. Believe me when I tell you that that's a fraction for what I would have paid for some of the products in Europe. OPI and Essie nail polishes were less than half the price we'd pay in Europe and the entire Sally Hansen line was there displayed in all it's glory for approximately half the UK retail price. Then there was the fantastic Sonya Kashuk line exclusively for Target from which I picked up a flat topped face brush and a concealor palette. The miniatures section was like a kiddies' pick and mix counter, and I bought some nice little things to keep me smelling sweet on my travels.

I had heard tales of a place that they calleth Ulta, but only had a brief but glorious 10 minutes to spend there. I bought a set of Real Techniques face brushes by the awesome Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo fame.

I made a 2 minute stop at the original Benefit store in San Francisco where I had my photo taken on one of their make-up stools, much to the bemusement of the staff....but alas no time to even swipe a swatch of eyeshadow.

I managed to persuade Mr P to allow me some precious solo time in Sephora in Seattle. He graciously agreed and I floated on cloud nine amongst Make Up For Ever, Smashbox, Kat Von D, Urban Decay and a world of other delectable brands. I came away with a bag of treats and some little gifts for my sisters-in-law.

Photos to follow tomorrow along with details of a surprise purchase which thrills me even more than all the make-up I bought.... :)

2 comments:

  1. At last! Welcome back! Hope it was a good trip! Can't wait to hear more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thanks hon! It's nice to be back :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)