Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Friday 5 August 2011

NOTD - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Quick Sand

I broke my summer brights habit yesterday evening as I need to be wearing something more toned-down this weekend, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to test out the other Insta-Dri polish which is the only neutral colour that I bought in the US.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Quick Sand




You probably think I'm going to tell you how much I love this, but you'd be wrong. When first applied it looks lovely and glossy and the microglitter finish is really flattering. The colour is a kind of peachy nude with a yellow undertone and at first I thought it really suited my colouring, but today I don't like it as much. It kind of looks grubby. I can't explain it but it seems to have dulled down a lot and the colour has become a wierd peachy fake dolly nude! The second photo shows more what I mean, but you may not agree with me. I just think it's not quite right.

I was kind of going for the mannequin nails look and it backfired. Oh well.... after tomorrow it's coming off and the brights are going back on. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, too bad you didn't like it. Did it insta-dry though? :>

    I bet you look more snazzy in brights anyway, so that's just too bad for the neutrals! Boo hoo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does dry fast, I'll give it that! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)