So in the spirit of thrift and war-time gung-ho exuberance I am launching myself into a new state of beauty consciousness.
We all need a little treat now and then, and that's fine. My trip to America ensured that I came back with many little titbits which are now going to last me a good few months at least. When I got home I realised that I'd actually had an overload of treats. I needed to start using stuff up.
So here is my little pledge to myself and to my readers. Unless I run out of something completely, like mascara, eyeliner, face soap etc, I won't shop. The discovery of 6 mascaras in my make-up box, all on the go at the same time has made me realise that I needed to do some serious de-cluttering and some serious using.
On the plus side, I'll appreciate everything that I have much much more and I'll have more space at the end of the project for shiny new things which I feel I would have earned.
In order not to go insane I'm allowing myself one treat a month in the shape of nail polish. It's just not possible to have every colour, right? So that doesn't count :p
Just no more corals.
So I picked out 25 items which are almost half used and which I think I can finish before the year is out.... hopefully sooner for most of them.
|Project 25 Pan!|
- 5 eye pencils, all black, and all short and stubby
- 1 brow pencil I must have used years ago and now don't usually bother with
- Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint cologne (want to finish this so I can get Nectarine Blossom & Honey again..... lush!)
- Boots No7 Advanced Hydration day cream (liked it more when I bought it than I do now.... but, it has to be finished)
- MAC Brow Set
- Nars Orgasm Blush
- Prescriptives cream blush in Nubile (this is at least 5 years old!)
- 4 mascaras.... Givenchy Phenomen'eyes, Maybelline One by One, Lancome Hypnose, L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
- Boots No7 Tinted Moisturiser (BB cream just took over and this was left languishing.... )
- Givenchy Acti Mine make-up base (love this, will definitely get another one when it's gone)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Max Factor Vibrant Curve lipgloss
- Jemma Kidd Gloss-stick in Bridgetown
- Laura Mercier Eye Basics primer in Buff (very nearly finished actually, but got abandoned prematurely when I nabbed the Urban Decay primer duo last Christmas)
- Erborian BB Creme au ginseng (This is lasted me for ages and I've been using it every day since April. You girls know how much I love this stuff right? )
Despite the added bonus of de-cluttering my make-up stash and the main objective of the exercise is obviously to save some money in these times of financial doom.
After all, Mr P won't be happy just eating scraps of plastic bread whilst I toddle around with the entire Chanel autumn collection plastered on my (albeit, happy) face.