Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Tuesday 4 October 2011

NOTD - Boots 17 Fast Finish in Revenge

Brace yourselves.... this is a scorcher. This is magnificent. This is serious lacquer love.


Revenge is a brand new polish, I didn't even bother to remove the 'Just In!' label. In the bottle it looks seriously pretty aubergine/burgundy hybrid flecked with pink micro-shimmer so it made it into my polish collection. I have nothing remotely like it.

Things didn't start out well. It promises to be a one coater, but it isn't unless you use one very thick coat. I used a thin coat which had the worst streaking I've ever seen in a polish. It looked hideous. I stayed strong and applied a thicker second coat and the magic was revealed.



Boots 17 Fast Finish in Revenge


This colour has such a complexity to it. In artificial light it just shimmers with pink and champagne glints and becomes a softer, pinkier aubergine. In daylight the greyish undertones come through and the colour deepens to a deep, mauve purple.

Boots 17 in Revenge (daylight)

So to recap, this is two coats with Essie Good to Go topcoat. Even without the topcoat this dried so fast... possibly one of the fastest drying polishes I've tried, so work fast or it will start to gunk up on the nail.

I don't have Chanel Paradoxal but I've tried it before and I find that this is very similar. Not a complete dupe but not far off. In fact I prefer this a million times over the Chanel.

Boots 17 Fast Finish polish is £2.99 and currently on 3 for 2 at Boots.

Fly, my pretties, fly, go get your Revenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)