Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Monday 20 August 2012

NOTD - Essie Sand of a Beach

Longer nails lend themselves extremely well to nude shades. If I tried now to paint my nails a garish green or bright red, they may look a little 'talon' like, a bit witch-y. Ok, so they are not mega long, but it's more a state of mind than a state of nail...

Essie Sand of a Beach

I've decided to re-embrace my nude collection, starting here with Essie Sand of a Beach, possibly the most stunning colour I possess. It's like the inside of a shell, that's pretty much the best way to describe it, with all of it's subtle nuances and pearly sheen.

 In some lights it shines pink, in others mauve, and there are brown/beige tones which stop it from being too cutesy.
Essie Sand of a Beach - here you can see the pinky mauve sheen in the bottle


Essie Sand of a Beach
It's not an opaque shade, but that is it's charm. This is two coats with Good to Go topcoat. You could build up to 3 but I do not think this would enhance the look. It's beauty is in it's sheerness.

The perfect wedding colour for brides who want 'classic with a twist'. In fact this is the perfect everything colour.

Can you tell I like it a bit?

5 comments:

  1. I loke your blog:-)
    Maybe you will take a look a my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean love, not loke:-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Your blog is lovely too, shame I can't understand, next time I visit I'll turn on google translate though ;)

      Delete
  2. I don't like these shear nail polishes, but this one is special... Realy like it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jolie. Yes, it's soooo incredibly pretty isn't it?

      Delete

I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)