Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Wednesday 11 January 2012

2011 favourites!

Just to clarify, I mean favourite products of 2011, not 2011 individual products.... but you knew that, right?

2011 has been my first blogging year, and what an amazing time I've had finally getting to write about all the stuff I love. Since blogging myself and avidly reading the blogs of others I've realised how much more aware I am when shopping and how much more I think about the quality of the things I use. I find that writing about something makes me appreciate it more and consequently it gets more love.

Without further ado, here are my personal favourite products this year:

Skincare:

Cleanser


  • Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (because I tried to live without it and failed)
Moisturiser



  • La Roche-Posay Effaclar K (because it saved my skin)
  • La Roche-Posay Cicaplast (Not technically a moisturiser but it's the ultimate skin healer)
Lip balm


  • Nuxe Reve de Miel (possibly a contender for product of the year, I will not be parted from this)
    Mask


    •   Liz Earle Brightening Treatment (an oldie but a goodie. Always, always delivers)
    Exfoliator


    • Burt's Bees Citrus Face Scrub (delicious, divine, like smothering your face in Christmas pudding, plus amazing smoothing and brightening results)
    Body Care:

    Body cream/lotion


    • L'Occitane Lait Concentre Amande (ironically I've never possessed the full size but I still think it's the best thing I've ever put on my skin. I saved my last sachet for Christmas day)
    Cellulite Treatment


    • Soap & Glory Sit Tight (delivers good results and doesn't break the bank. A summer staple)
    Fake Tan


    •  Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs (not really a fake tan, it's more leg make up, but I can ditch smelly fake tans now that I've found this. Can't live without it in the summer. A real revelation)
     Body Scrub


    • L'Occitane Pate Delice Amande (for me this just makes all other scrubs pale into insignificance)

    Hair Care:

    Shampoo


    • Lush Karma Komba (compact, smells gorgeous, detangles my unruly mane)
    Conditioner




    • Garnier Ultra Doux Henna (a supermarket staple that gives my hair incredible shine)
    • Lush Jungle solid conditioner (cannot beat the smell of this.... leaves my hair looking gorgeous)
    Make-Up (yay!)

    Foundation



    • Erborian BB Creme au ginseng (probably the number one revelation of 2011)
    • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (just beautiful light, natural coverage)
    Concealer



    • Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection (best ever concealer, just buy it. Beats most high-end ones hands down)
    • Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage (probably the only high-end concealer the one above doesn't beat for staying power. This has saved me in bad skin times)
    Blusher



    • Maybelline Dream Touch cream blush (there was a close call between the Armani Blushing Fabric and this, but this topped it because the price is unbeatable. A truly great quality cream blush)
    • Nars Blush (I only have one, but the quality is superb and it lasts for yonks)
    Mascara


    • Maybelline The One by One (in hindsight it proved to be the best mascara of the year for me delivering both length, volume  and flutteryness :))
    Lipstick/gloss


    • MAC Hibiscus (from the Surf Baby collection. This was on my lips all summer and was definitely my stand-out lip colour of the year)
    Eyeshadow





    •  Sleek Storm palette (probably my most used palette)
    • Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in Birthday Suit (still lost, still not repurchased, still longed for)
    • MAC Creamy Bisque (vanilla ice-cream for your eyes, always looks good)
    • MAC Hold that Pose mineralize eyeshadow (a newbie but a goodie, my most worn shadow of the last few weeks. I adore this. Some MAC stores still have them in stock so go grab one!)
     Liner

    Smashbox liner (bottom)
    •  Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner (Brown) (The perfect shade of dark brown and so easy to use)
    • MAC pencils (The best quality eye pencils I've ever come across. Coffee is my favourite)

    Perfume

    • Diesel Loverdose (have you smelt this stuff?? It's amazing! My newest addition to my perfume collection, I've been drowning myself in it's vanillary-liquorice lusciousness since I got it for Christmas. The matching body lotion is also yumyum)

    Nail stuff (2011 was definitely the Year of the Nail!)




    • Nailtiques Formula 2 treatment (has restored my wrecked nail beds to their former glory. The ONLY thing I've tried so far which stops the nails from peeling further. Review to come)
    • Ciate My Fair Lady (ironically the only colour I didn't actually purchase, and I purchased  A LOT this year but which came free with a mag. My perfect nude, my perfect everything)
    Brushes




    • Real Techniques brushes (Gorgeous quality, apart from the one which shed on me, and very original brush designs)
    • MAC 217 eye blending brush (never fails me)
    • Ecotools Blush brush (lovely and soft, blends colour into the cheeks beautifully)
    Well, I'm sure I've forgotten something I 'urgently' need to nominate as a favourite, but for the meantime I hope you've enjoyed a nosey through the ones I have remembered.

    Don't forget to let me know about your favourite discoveries of 2011!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)