Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Tuesday 11 September 2012

NOTD - Essie Tart Deco

Just when we think we're falling into autumn, summer comes round again and slaps us in the face.

This weekend has been hot. Like, 28 degrees hot. I couldn't possibly slap on Black Turquoise in this heat, I needed to go dig out something brighter but not too holiday-esque, if you catch my drift. 

I have various un-trieds in my collection, and Essie Tart Deco was one of them. A milky peachy-apricot-y orange hue in the bottle, it seemed like the perfect crossover shade.

Essie Tart Deco (daylight)

I wasn't a fan of the formulation on this one, a bit thick and tricky to manipulate with the rather narrow brush. I think this is the old Essie formula, one I picked up much earlier this year when still in Brussels. I would love to see how the new formulas compare at some point.



Essie Tart Deco

Anyway, that aside, would you look at that colour?? I couldn't believe how bright it turned out, almost neon actually. And it's a bit of a chameleon... in daylight you see much more of it's apricot milk goodness. In artificial light it leans a much brighter true orange. Either way I like it very, very much and it certainly livened up a monochrome outfit I'd put together.

Essie Tart Deco (artificial light)

As usual, this is two coats with Essie Good to Go topcoat.


Apparently it'll cool down a lot later in two days, but I'll enjoy Tart Deco while the sun still shines. I guess looking back on these photos it IS in fact very holiday-esque.... oh well.

Would you be partial to a slice of Tart Deco?

1 comment:

  1. i love how bright the colours are ! Would be really cool if we can follow each other. Please let me know xxx
    http://babyemilycloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)