Musings of a self-confessed beauty addict from the heart of London!

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Chanel 'Peridot' - A love that came late

This was given to me back in September for my birthday by my little brother G and his adorable girlfriend, miss A.

In fact I have a huge back-load of birthday polishes to upload, 2012 had been a good year for lacquer!

I never jumped on the Peridot bandwagon when it first came out. I wasn't into metallics at the time and somehow despite other bloggers raving about it until they were blind I couldn't see what the fuss was about.


Chanel - Peridot

Until, that is, I glazed my nail-beds with this liquid gem of a colour. It's like painting King Solomon's Mines onto your hands. The way the colour changes is so distracting that I periodically stop what I'm doing to slowly rotate my hands under the light. Sometimes peridot green, sometimes a rich golden liquefied metal.... it's a stonking colour.

Peridot in the bottle - how many colours can you spot?

Chanel Peridot

 Couple that with the fact that it's now my 'lucky' nail polish (fingers crossed I'm not jinxing myself by announcing that to the world). Good things happen when I wear this.

The formula is great, just like Black Pearl. Two coats and a topcoat and you're done.

If you don't have this then you're missing out. No photo can really do it justice, which is why I wasn't feeling the love before, but better late than never, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so feel free to leave one! If you like what you've read then please follow, it really makes my day :)